Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Steps Five and Six?! Amazing! Wait - is That Even a Step Seven?

Wednesday September 19, 2007 (7:45 – 9:46 PM, 2 1/60 hours, 23 13/60 hours total)

The more and more I e-mail Musicmakers, the more and more I appreciate the company. Matt from Musicmakers has been keeping in contact with me as we exchange e-mails. He even asked for the link to the blog so that he could put it on the web site! I was extremely honored.

Aside from that, I continued the project and managed to get relatively far. I glued in the top of the body, clamped it up, and waited thirty minutes (Step Five). During those thirty minutes, I did some research and ensured that I was on the right track. After the thirty minutes, I test-fitted the braces into the body and tried to ensure that they were fitting properly. After I was confident, I glued them in, wiped off the excess glue, and clamped it up. At the moment, the body is suspended on clamps, which makes me a bit worried. I did double-check the integrity of the structure, put some padding under trouble areas, and adjusted it so that it would be difficult for it to fall over. That makes steps four and five completed - a great night of work, as well as clean-up, which is step seven.

Photographic Evidence (Step 5)
Photographic Evidence (Step 5)
Photographic Evidence (Step 6)
Photographic Evidence (Step 6)
Photographic Evidence (Step 7)
Photographic Evidence (Me)

No comments: